The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Microbiological activities aligned to client projects, Environmental Monitoring of the Facility providing expertise to the Site and clients on microbiological matters.
- Manage microbiology team ensuring procedures for testing of raw materials, in process products bulk drug substance, final products and stability products and that the microbiology team is in compliance.
- Contribute and support the site Disinfectant Rationalisation programme, Environmental Monitoring initiatives and improvements and Microbiological Media and Incubation temperature alignment.
- Contribute and support the continuous improvement initiatives of the QC department.
- Provide support to the Site Microbiologist as required.
- Contributing to the identification of any deviations from target achievement, identifying root causes and introducing corrective/preventative actions.
- Will be able to demonstrate previous effective experience in a similar environment.
- Will have good organisational and planning skills to apply to both their own and the project team’s workload.
- Must have the knowledge and confidence to represent the Company to auditors and customers.
- Will ideally be educated to degree level in a Microbiology / BioScience discipline.